George and Inez Fabian Scholarship Program-2019
Each year the Greenbush Heritage Foundation will present scholarship(s) to seniors who are graduating from a Dane County high school. Seniors intending to go to a four year program of higher education are eligible for awards as high as $2000. Seniors who intend to pursue a two year degree in a technical or vocational program are eligible for awards as high as $1000.
To be eligible for the George and Inez Fabian Scholarship, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Be a senior in a Dane County high school
- Intend to go on to higher education (higher education is considered enrolling in a course of at least two-year duration at a college, university or technical school which has as its objective the securing of a degree in advance of a high school diploma).
- Intend to enroll as a full-time student at an institution of higher education
BASIS OF AWARD
The George and Inez Fabian Scholarship will be awarded to a student based upon the following criteria:
- Scholastic ability (i.e. grades and class rank).
- Need of the student for financial aid.
- Contributions of the applicant to the school and/or community.
- Two (2) letters of personal reference from school and/or community leaders.
- Applications, Letters of Reference and Grade Transcripts shall be submitted to the Greenbush Heritage Foundation Scholarship Committee on or before April 15th of the applicant’s senior year.
- The Greenbush Heritage Foundation Scholarship Committee will review applications.
- Determination of the winner(s) will be at the sole discretion of the Greenbush Heritage Foundation Scholarship Committee. A member of the Committee who has a relative applying for this scholarship shall not participate in determination of the merits of that relative’s application.
- The winners of the scholarship shall be announced on or about June 1st of each year.